Thursday, August 7, 2014

Citygarden


Citygarden really is cool! It has water features for the kids to play in and art sculptures from all over the world nestled among some of St. Louis' finer downtown buildings. It does have one major problem, in my opinion, no restrooms, except for port-a-potties at at the far west end of the park. If you know that before you get there though, you can have a lot fun at Citygarden.

Citygarden has sculptures from all of the world in a garden setting representing Missouri and its native plants and features. Hailey took a field trip to Citygarden in June that included a guided tour and time to play in the water features. Grandma was in town for a visit, so Grandma, Ethan and I joined the class. I found the tour very interesting, though I'm not sure the kids did. 







Even though it was a rather cool day in St. Louis, the kids did love playing in pools and  fountains.


I don't know how often the food trucks hit Citygarden, but they were there the Friday we were, so we decided Grandma needed to experience some street food.


I think the above truck served authentic food from South American (see food on the left of the picture below). It was so good! 


It was a fun adventure, and even included another cake picture.

3 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

So fun! That's one place I meant to visit before we moved, but we didn't! It looks super cool!

Jen@Because I can said...

St. Louis is such an awesome city! :)

Natalie and Ryan said...

Looks like a fun place to play and splash. I have been wanting to visit City Gardens all summer. Your pictures look great.