Monday, September 12, 2011

I-55 Raceway

Casey has been a good sport with all of my Saint Louis ideas. Shakespeare in the Park...not really his thing (though we are going every year from now on). So when he suggested that I-55 Raceway make the bucket list, I agreed. We've planned to go a couple times and it hasn't happened. Saturday of Labor Day weekend it finally worked out and since it was customer appreciation and kid's night, the price was right and the kids had even more fun.

It is pretty cool. The cars go really fast around a dirt track. Warning: You do need ear plugs! And I would recommend goggles or eye protection. 



Ethan was a huge fan!

And spent most of the evening looking like this (he gets really excited about things).

This wasn't necessarily my kinda thing. If someone came to visit that wanted to go, I would be willing to take them. However, if Casey wants to take the kids again, I'll probably enjoy an evening to myself.

My kids would be disappointed though if they went again and it wasn't kids appreciation night. The raceway held a nickel race for all the kids. They got to race for nickels out on the track. Some of nickels were worth prizes, but all the kids got take take home the nickels they collected. My kids each brought home around a dollars worth. It made them very happy!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah My boys would love it. But car racing is not my thing so when I come visit the guys could take the kids. :)

Kimbrough's in St. Louis said...

What a fun thing to do. We have talked about taking our boys.