Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fall

Well, well...It looks like I have kinda been a slacker! But here's what I've been looking at out my kitchen window.

It's been beautiful here and the weather has been almost as nice. Then there was all the World Series excitement. Did you see Game 6? Crazy?! But of course, the Cardinals won it all and everyone in all of Saint Louis is very happy! Especially this boy, who was Albert Pujols for Halloween.

So now that I'm feeling a little cold and a little less distracted by other things, I'll fill you in on our Saint Louis fall activities after the fact (I have a post I still need to do that is really after the fact, so this is nothing).

We headed to Bass Pro Shop for free Halloween pictures, crafts and s'mores. They have since started their Christmas festivities.

We also made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch with our Saint Louis cousins and Nanny (Papa was busy). There are so many pumpkin patches and farms here that have fall festivities. This year I was hoping to try somewhere new, but we kind of ran out of time and ended up at Stuckmeyers for the third or fourth year in a row. We always have a good time there though.


We like Stuckmeyers because admission is free. There are a few animals to see (which included the cutest little pig ever), tricycles to ride, a small maze, sandboxes to play in and a large playground to enjoy.



Ethan especially liked this green pumpkin. His favorite color.

They also have a couple activities you can pay for...pony rides, bouncy houses and a hayride to name a few. We always do the hayride. It's $3 a person for about a 15 minute ride. It has character cut outs  along the way that the kids love.

My favorite part of the the trip turned out to be food (I guess that's not surprising for coming from me). We bought kettle corn and then found these delicious carmel apples. After the apples were gone we dipped the popcorn in the carmel. It was all very yummy!


I already have plans to visit some fun places for the Christmas holidays. I'll try to be a little more timely about posting those adventures.

No comments: