Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Taste of St. Louis

While we are getting ready to eat lots of good food in a couple days, I thought I'd finally do my Taste of St. Louis post from September. It only lasts a weekend, and since I didn't post about it immediately after, I figured it would have to be for future reference anyway.

Every September, Taste of St. Louis takes place downtown. Admission is free, and then you pay for the food you want to try. The food usually ranges in price from $2 to $7. They also have entertainment, an art and wine walk (liked looking at the art for sale, didn't try the wine), booths from various companies and an activity area for children. Casey and I went as a date and had lots of fun. We'll definitely go again, but we're still not going to bring our kids. Even with activities for children, my kids aren't to an age where it would be fun or cost effective to feed them this way.

Taste of St. Louis takes place at Soldier Memorial Park downtown.

Next to this beautiful building, which I think is City Hall (though I could be wrong, it's been a while).

Anyway, there are lots of white tents set up with little chalk boards with menu items and prices.

I had this delicious tenderloin sandwich from Pujols 5. My dad raised beef cattle so I appreciate good beef, and this was good.

And I tried someones famous lasagna.

Casey tried lots of barbecue (and there was lots of barbecue places to choose from).

It was lots of fun trying things from different restaurants. And it was nice to have such a variety of restaurants to pick from.

One thing to note -  No outside food or beverages are allowed. Not a problem, since you came to eat anyway. However, alcohol is the primary beverage for sale. Water has to be purchased and it was not cheap. The rules were only posted outside the event and I can't find them easily online, however, I do think you can bring in water bottles?

No comments: