Sunday, July 17, 2011

Missouri History Museum

I've mentioned Hailey loves museums. I think she's how we stumbled upon the Missouri History Museum in the first place and definitely the reason we went back a second time. However, the second time we discovered the great storytime crafts they host. This summer the museum is hosting a Summer Family Fun series with a special visitor or children's act on Tuesdays, and storytimes and crafts on Thursdays and Fridays. It's all free, so if you have kids, I highly recommend it. Your kids might pick up on some history afterwards, or just make you nervous they are going to break something.

Tuesday we went to the Missouri History Museum with Grandma, Mom's cousin Laura and her little girl Brynlee. It's located in Forest Park and is just as pretty as the rest of the park.

Mr. Saxophone was performing Tuesday morning. He played the saxophone, guitar and sang and danced with the kids. I've noticed my kids have found a way to get to the front for things like this.

This is how Ethan participated.

But I did get him to smile for me.

The museum has a replica of Charles Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis.

The plane gives the museum my kid's stamp of approval.

They don't care if they really see anything else after the plane as long as they get to listen to the phone type things. I think the replica of the inside of Lindbergh's plane is really cool. However, Brenton was more excited to hear a plane take off.

The museum has a nice World's Fair Display (and I know it's getting old...but I can't help being reminded of Meet Me in St. Louis, I really need to track down that movie).



A couple other exhibits also survived our visit, but I didn't manage to take any pictures of them.

Jordan, Laura and Brynlee just moved to the area. We're so excited to have them close and to get to play with them!  If you are family, there is now even more of us here in Missouri to come see!

No comments: