Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard

We had so much fun while grandma was here that I'm a little behind in posting.  But I ate some really good food and have fun things to post about! Monday night we headed to Ted Drewes on the old route 66 for some frozen custard. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I had never been there. Ted Drewes is not just St. Louis famous, it's...well, take a look at what Casey's sisters and I found in New York City a couple years ago.

And since it's always better when someone's in the picture! Go Megan! This is while we waiting in line at The Shake Shack! So good! So good, it was listed as one of the best places to get a burgers just the other day on msn.

Anyhow, back to St. Louis.

Casey says Ted Drewes is known for their concretes and the ability to turn them upside down without losing it. They have a trophy in the window of this position and I think the girl might have flipped it upside down before handing it to us as well.

They have lots of things to choose from, but I would recommend the concrete. I actually got a brownie sundae, but was less than impressed. Then my husband said, "I told you to get a concrete" and switched me (he is a nice guy). The concrete I did enjoy. Brenton was a little surprised by his toppings, he was convinced he needed to order something with the word fox in it.

Hailey ate all of hers and some of everyone elses.

Definitely a fun treat in our hot summer weather! Oh, and in the winter you can buy Christmas Trees there!

No comments: