Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekend Trip: Kansas City

In April we spent a weekend as a family in Kansas City. This is was our second family trip to Kansas City, and I have to say, I love it! It's just 3 to 4 hours away and has lots of family-friendly, reasonably priced things to do. Here are some of the things we've done the last couple years in the American City of Fountains.

Both times we visited places related to our church. They were free.


This year we visited the Crown Center.


There is so much to do there! We just visited the Kaleidoscope and the Hallmark Visitors Center because they are both free, but so worth the visit.

The Kaleidoscope provides 45 minute art and craft sessions. The kids got to make puzzles, bookmarks, butterflies and whatever else they could imagine. This place was so cool. I loved it, and so did the kids.




Two years ago, we went to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. We had so much fun there, too.
(My kids look so little in these pictures!)


The kids also loved eating at the T-Rex Restaurant.

Kansas City is actually known for it's BBQ (and not dinosaur restaurants, tough to believe, I know)! Last year during a weekend there with friends, I tried out some of their popular places. Sorry, no pictures! I took advice from my favorite food guy, Adam, on Man vs. Food and visited Oklahoma Joe's.  A lot like Pappy's, except in a gas station. We also did the other extreme, and visited Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue which is "Zagat Survey's Highest Ranked BBQ in the country" and more of a elegant dining experience. Both very delicious!

I think Kansas City is definitely worth a trip!

No comments: