Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gateway Grizzles and Baseball's Best Burger

Tuesday night we headed to our first Gateway Grizzles game. The Grizzles are a frontier baseball league team in Illinois. Ethan earned 2 free tickets through preschool. I usually would have just sent him with his dad, but then I saw the Man Vs. Food Baseball Special and decided I wasn't missing out on that food and we were all going.

It was a fun night. It has a very family-friendly atmosphere. They have things for the kids to do. You sit close to the field. And we even won tickets to go back. The boys are super excited.

The kids with the Grizzles Mascot.

Ethan with his craft he made before the game.

The boys watching and loving the game.

A view of the field.

The highlight of the night for Brenton was getting his mitt signed. He shows it to everyone. He doesn't even know who it is, he says it was #33, but the signature says #23.

Now to the most important part...the food!

Baseball's Best Burger is a bacon cheeseburger on a Krispy Kreme. It did taste good. The Krispy Kreme makes it sweet tasting. I don't know that I could eat this on a regular basis, but it was worth the trip.

The Philly Cheesesteak Nachos were yummy too! I could eat these all the time!

1 comment:

Jen@Because I can said...

Look like lots of fun! Your kids are so cute and I love how obsessed they are with baseball and that Brenton showed me his autograph twice...make me feel special. :)