Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bass Pro Shop (St. Charles)

It really amazes me that sporting goods stores are tourist attractions. Then again, I'd go some place to visit IKEA. My husband tells me (I'm not going to look it up to verify) that the world headquarters Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO is the most visited attraction in the State of Missouri.  Well, we didn't go to Springfield (though my husband said this is on his bucket list and should be on mine), but we were in Saint Charles on Saturday and decided to head over to Bass Pro Shop for their Family Summer Camp.

I didn't take any of my own pictures, but these have been a big hit at my house.




The kids also made leather key chains, received prizes for casting into fish buckets, and Brenton listened to an archery workshop. This free event runs through July 10, but I've noticed that Bass Pro Shop tries to do similar family events throughout the year. And if this outdoor sporting goods store excitement isn't enough, we also have a Cabelas in St. Louis.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

so much fun! next time you come visit i will go to ikea with you and casey and sam can go to cabela's