Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Magic House - St. Louis Children's Museum

We had a birthday at our house this week and the birthday kid wanted to celebrate with a trip to The Magic House. I went to The Magic House for the first time almost seven years ago after reading about it in a national parenting magazine. Zagat has rated it the top national family attraction in "child appeal." My kids love it, so it probably is deserving of all the praise. It's a little pricey, but they offer memberships, family free nights, and coupons, so I won't complain.

Here's just a looks at a few of the many things we did during our visit.

The Magic House has a special area for 1-6 year olds. I think it will always be my favorite part, even after my kids have all outgrown it. It has water tables, a sand area, huge Legos, slides, a mirror maze area and so much more.

My kids love the Construction area. We were there forever. I had to finally drag them out of there.



I also had to drag them away from any area with a microphone. (Ethan does like to put bad guys away and he did do a pretty good job as a judge).

So much to do...like climb giant beanstalks...

And enclose ourselves in a huge bubbles.




Brenton said he had lots of favorite things he did at The Magic House. Ethan said his favorite part was fishing. What?! He goes real fishing regularly. He must be related to his father.

Hailey's favorite part was playing nurse/doctor to the baby's in the Children's Village Children's Hospital.
I think this house does have a little bit of Magic in it!

No comments: