Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Missouri Botanical Gardens

The kids started school today. It makes me sad. We were having so much fun this summer. It really has been fun to see, do, and experience so many things in St. Louis that I've overlooked for years. And we still have more to do!
Anyway, here's our last day of summer adventure! I have some adventures from the weekend I need to post about too, but I'll get around to that later this week. I should have lots of time now that I only have one at home.
Monday we headed to the Missouri Botanical Gardens with some friends. I've always liked the Botanical Gardens, but we haven't been there for a few years.

I think the Gardens are beautiful and very peaceful (if you ignore the children). They remind me of  my Grandma who had a yard full of beautiful flowers and The Secret Garden. I would have fresh flowers in my house all the time if I had excess money. Brenton, however, asked why there was so many plants. When I explained it was a garden likes it's name, he said he wished it was called "The Botanical Cowboy."



I think this is one of my favorite spots.




I was amazed at all the beautiful color after such a hot summer. Then I remembered  I would color in my yard too if I would have remembered to water anything.


The Japanese Garden has Coy fish to feed. We were there for a very long time.

We also visited the Children's Garden. It's a child's heaven...slides, tree houses, a cave, and so much more.


My kids favorite part of the Children's Garden was the splash pad.


The Children's Garden does have a separate fee, kind of. The Botanical Garden is free for 12 and under. Here's a link to a buy one get one free admission for adults coupon. The Children's Garden is free for adults, but $5 for kids. If you live in St. Louis County or have a membership there are certain times of the week everything is free.

The Botanical Gardens has a special tree house (they had to be made of trees, not in trees) exhibit going on right now. The kids loved it. Hailey wanted her picture taken in this one. She posed. It reminds me of how fast they grow up.

1 comment:

Jen@Because I can said...

We had lots of fun! I wish I hadn't waited almost 6 years to go!