Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sweetie Pie's

I went to The Help last weekend. It was excellent! The cast was great, and it also featured some tasty looking food... Minny's fried chicken, and Celia's table of southern-style cooking. If you haven't seen it, go see it. And if you want some soul food, head to Sweetie Pie's at the Mangrove.

The weekend before school started, we headed to the Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives featured, and soon to have it's own reality show on the Oprah Winfrey Network, Sweetie Pie's with Casey's parents.

Sweetie Pie's is set up cafeteria style. You pick out what you want, pay and then they take your tray to a table for you. If you go with small children, I would suggest just getting adult meals and then sharing with the kids. As you can see from the picture below, Brenton got plenty to eat using that method.

One of Sweetie Pie's specialties is their Macaroni and Cheese. I thought it was great! You can see how they make it here on a Diner, Drive-Ins, and Dives segment.

My kids loved the fried chicken!

The girls decided we needed dessert as well. We had peach cobbler. I don't mind peach cobbler, but it's not usually one of my favorite things. This peach cobbler was so good though, it kinda of made me a fan!

I was glad we went. It was fun, the service was friendly, and the food was good. Casey, however, was disappointed. He had really high expectations for the food (from people at work and all the TV hype) and he did not feel like they were met. Other than that, Sue said the cabbage was really good, Hailey liked the green beans, and I'm serious when I say they are taping for a reality show...here's one of the camera men.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like fun!

Jared and Kristi Doss said...

St. Louis looks like a fun place to be. I've heard looking for places to eat from the places visited on Diners, Drive ins and Dives is a great way to find cool places with good food. I'm glad you started blogging again! =)